The CBWC reaches people for Christ by seeking the health and extending the ministry of the local church.
Inviting Faith. Acting in Mercy. Cultivating Leaders.
Each of these three values is critically important and interdependent in the CBWC’s vision of a balanced ministry. To grow God’s kingdom, we work actively to bring individuals to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, to strengthen congregations and to plant more churches. Critical to this increase is the development of strong lay and pastoral leadership that responds to the needs of others. Acting in compassion and mercy, we will have the opportunity to introduce people to Jesus Christ.
Statement Of Faith
While not a denomination that emphasizes creeds or rituals, the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada together affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God as given in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith therein set forth. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
1. The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
4. The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
7. The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.