Because the CBWC exists to resource and support churches and pastors, we have developed a series of pastoral resources to support your ministry.
New to the CBWC? The A-Z Guide.
The Culture Statement summarizes the core beliefs of Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
The Ministerial Protocol Manual ( MPM ) is the CBWC’s document of ministerial standards supported by the churches of the CBWC by vote at its regular assemblies. The ‘Ministerial Credentials
Committee’ (MCC) has been assigned the task of enacting and supporting all regulations as outlined in the MPM. The Ministerial Ordination Standards and Procedures, and the Accreditation Process, and The Guidelines on Pastoral Ethics, and Disciplinary Review Process are all described in this manual.
The Ministry Information Profile is the standard CBWC candidate introductory document. All candidates are required to fill out the same form so that comparisons can be more easily made. We encourage pastors to keep this form up to date.
1. Download the MIP in protected MS Word format
2. If you have trouble downloading the file download the free MS Word 2007 Viewer from www.microsoft.com
3. Complete the form at your own leisure using the Tab key to progress between fields. All instructions are included in the form.
4. Submit the completed form by following the instructions on the last page.
5. If you have questions please call 800.474.6018 or 780.462.2176
To find out more about the ongoing education required of CBWC pastors, go to Continuing Education.
Callings and Careers
To find information about current ministry vacancies, check out the Careers section of this website.