Our ministry together is centred on three priorities:
Cultivating Leadership, Investing in Relationship, and Engaging in Mission.
The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada reaches people for Christ by seeking the health and extending the ministry of the local church.
CBWC prayerfully supports local churches and their communities by training leaders, supporting innovative ministries, responding compassionately to social needs, responding to crises and providing churches with administrative and financial services. In partnership with our local churches, CBWC also plays a collaborative role in seeding new expressions of church for today.
Statement of Faith
The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada together affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God as given in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith set forth here. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
- The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
- The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
- The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
- The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
- The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
We serve in the three regions of British Columbia and Yukon, Alberta and the Northwest Territories, and the Heartland (Saskatchewan and Manitoba). Together, the churches and ministries in these regions make up the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
Find a CBWC Church
Over 180 congregations make up the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada. Find one in your area.
Joshua Goetz, President
Randy Loewen, VP Planning
Shannon Barnes-Girouard, VP Personnel & Prog
Laurel Auch, VP Finance
Richard Currie, BCY Regional Representative
Grant Hill, BCY Regional Representative
Jocelyn Melder , BCY Regional Representative
Juli Wells-Logan, Mountain Standard Regional Representative
Jeff Gullacher, Mountain Standard Regional Representative
Brad Penner, Mountain Standard Regional Representative
Lorraine Hernaez, Heartland Regional Representative
Joel Russell-MacLean, Heartland Regional Representative
David Vandergucht, Heartland Regional Representative
As part of the Canadian Baptist family, we work in partnership for ministry in Canada with our sister denominations:
- Canadian Baptists of Ontario and Quebec
- L’Union d’Eglises Baptistes Francaises au Canada
- Canadian Baptists of Atlantic Canada
- Canadian Baptist Ministries
We’re committed to keeping you informed about the ministry resources we share by providing open and transparent financial communications:
Our accreditation with the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities ensures we are modeling the highest standard of accountability to our churches and donors.
Support us by donating today!
Donations like yours help us plant churches all over Western Canada. Together, we can join hand in hand to foster ongoing spiritual growth in our Baptist communities.