One of the CBWC Executive Staff tells of a memory of reading with their grandchild:
“My three-year-old granddaughter, as the two of us were nuzzled into her comfy bed with her favorite book at bedtime, paused me at the end of every page with the simple phrase, “Gramma… let’s talk about it”. Unknowingly and beautifully innocent, she offered up space for the two of us to listen to one another, and in the listening, get to know each another in a deeper way.”
We are family. We love each other. We talk, we listen, we grow together.
Over the next year, we are asking that you create space with your own church family to talk, listen, and pray together in preparation for our face-to-face Assembly in May 2022. Your church will have the opportunity to vote on three motions put forward by the board. These motions reflect previously passed assembly resolutions. The CBWC staff and board are committed to prayerfully journeying alongside you, facilitating good dialogue and process by offering a myriad of resources aimed to help your church Dialogue, Discover and Discern who we are, together, as a family of CBWC churches. We look forward to gathering together again and pray that the God who desires His church to “pursue what makes for peace and mutual upbuilding” will be our help and strength.
Assembly 2022: The Gathering
- Theme: Life Together
- Dates: May 26-28, 2022
- Location: Best Western Premier Plaza Hotel & Conference Centre, Calgary, Alberta (A hotel code for booking your hotel room will be made available on February 1, 2022)
- Registration: Opens February 1. Earlybird February 22, 2022, Regular April 22, 2022. Fees TBD in February.
- Topical webinars Fall ‘21 | Transforming Polarized Conversations
- Identity Statement & Motions
- Motion 1 discussion questions
- Motion 2 discussion questions
- Motion 3 discussion questions
- FAQ about ID statement and Motions
- Difficult Conversations Resource
- Possible process for church leaders
- Ministerial Clusters by Region
- Assembly Video 2021
Growing in Our Shared Understanding
Seeking, Listening, and Waiting for God’s Leading
Feedback loop for communication:
- Pastors & Church Leaders: email Regional Ministers and the CBWC President – Loralyn Lind – at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delegates: email pastor, church board chair
Note: This is a dynamic webpage that will be continuously updated in the coming months and is not meant to be an exhaustive list of resources.
Have a question? Or a resource to share? Please email email@example.com if there is a specific topic you would like resourcing on, or if you have a resource that could be shared with the broader affiliation of churches.