The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada recommends all churches and pastors adhere to all provincial public health regulations and recommendations regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
We’re Here for You During COVID-19
We’ve all been impacted by the Coronavirus pandemic relationally, socially, psychological, physically or economically. As Christ followers, this is a time where we can nuance the narrative of fear and anxiety to one shaped by hope. As a family of churches, let’s continue to pray for one another!
On this page, you’ll find access to resources, ideas and reference materials you can use personally and for your church. And we’re just a phone call away if you have any questions.
Is Your Province Re-opening? Here's What You Need to Know.
We wish to be responsible citizens and stay informed of the continued risks and precautions associated with this pandemic. As provinces being to re-open over the summer, it remains important for us to navigate this process faithfully and safely. Our national and provincial authorities are still our best source for that information. Please refer to your province’s guidelines in the following federal link:
Support for Leaders
Guidance for Holding Annual General Meetings
Dealing with Finances and Church HR
Government Financial Supports
Receiving Tithes & Offerings
- E-transfer instructions: Someone with signing authority on behalf of your church may visit your local bank to register your church’s email address and begin accepting e-transfer donations. Setting up e-transfer this way ensures that all donations are transferred directly from one institution to another, without need of a password. Deposit notifications are emailed to the church identifying the name of the donor and amount of the gift to ensure accurate tax receipting.
Church HR Resources
- Resources for Alberta Based Employers Re: COVID-19
- Resources for BC Based Employers Re: COVID-19
- Resources for Manitoba Based Employers Re: COVID-19
- Resources for NWT Based Employers Re: COVID-19
- Resources for Saskatchewan Based Employers Re: COVID-19
- Resources for Yukon Based Employers Re: COVID-19
Tech Tools for Virtual or Hybrid Church Services
If you’re new to hosting online, livestreamed or hybrid gatherings, you’re not alone! The good news is that there are tons of resources on YouTube and around the web that can point you in the right direction. Here are a few to get you started:
- Bryce Ashlin-Mayo: Digital Mission
- Video Pastor Quick Tips (on camera use, lighting, audio and more!)
- Brady Shearer’s video: Cheapest Livesteam Setup for Churches (that still looks awesome)
- Practical tips for starting home groups online. You could try Zoom, Google Hangouts, Talky, Skype or Slack.
- 3 simple ways your church can start livestreaming
- Instagram tips for livestream (click on small arrows to advance slides for instructions)
- Other paid options: Faithlife // Online Church Platform // Zoom Webinar
“Any church, regardless of size and location, can reopen safely and faithfully if it will thoughtfully take its time, adapt, and innovate. Remember, the church has never closed. The church remains open, even as we don’t physically gather in our building. All of this so that we might fully love our neighbors as we love ourselves.” – Alex Shanks, “Why Reopening a Church is Different”
“Esther, please thank the staff on my behalf for the resource ideas. I particularly appreciated the selection of free online meeting apps that were recommended. I’ve found this to be a confusing time but as I prepared for the webcast that I put online last Sunday, it struck me that although I wouldn’t be meeting face to face with my brothers and sisters, I would be meeting with them in God’s Word. The Bible suddenly became holy ground in a new way for me, and I trust it did for my church family as they later joined me online on Sunday morning. Good health and God’s blessing to you all.” – Brent Reilly
“Thank you for serving us your churches so well! Praying for you all in this time!” – Pam, Strathcona Baptist Edmonton
“CBWC churches I would like to encourage you. At New Life we have been offering to our congregation ways to give/tithe online for many years. New Life is a diverse church of all ages, and all age groups have joined in. So be encouraged at this time! Feel free to contact me on ways to take gifts and tithes online.” – Henry Wikkerink firstname.lastname@example.org
This page will continue to be updated as more information becomes available.