- We celebrate the introduction of two great people to our staff team who will be working part time in the Church Planting Ministry.
Rev. Shannon Youell of Victoria, BC, has accepted the role of Church Planting Coordinator for the denomination. She will be facilitating the team that will be composed of the Church Planting Directors from each region.
Shannon will also be serving as the BC-Yukon Regional Church Planting Director.
Rev. Ron Orr of Clive, AB, is taking on the position of Alberta-NWT Regional Church Planting Director. The Regional Directors will support existing church plants, cast church planting vision throughout the CBWC, and catalyze new church plants in each region.
A Regional Director for the Heartland has not yet been named.
In the coming weeks, join me in prayer for these willing servants.
- We’d also like to thank Cailey Morgan for her gifted organizational and pastoral skills as she continues to work part time in the area of Church-Planting.
- Please pray for the Heartland Regional Minister search that is now beginning. Throughout this search please pray for our Regional Board representatives: Kayely Rich, Michael Cantlon and Josh Goetz.
- Praise and thanksgiving for the work of our Board Exec and pray for the Spirit’s support for them in their work.
- Pray particularly for all those involved in The CBWC AGM: On-line Gathering 2014 on April 10th. Pray that there will be good participation and support for this new and experimental compliance with new Federal regulations for not-for-profits.
- Give thanks for and pray for those who are organizing us in this new endeavour: Amber Baker, Dawn Johannesson, Jenn Gurel and Sharon Onciul. This endeavour can sometimes be complicated but is a new and welcome challenge in how we can communicate with contemporary technology.
- Please be in prayer with Greg Anderson as he leads that meeting.
- Pray for Laura Nelson, who is not only responsible for our bi-annual assemblies and meetings but is also responsible for the hiring process of the new Regional Minister.
- Please be in prayer for Michael Hayes, the Finance Committee, Victor Ku and Olga Gulak as they go through the year-end audit process and presentation of last years financials and this years budget.
- Great thanksgiving and excitement around our first Celebration Dinner on February 27th! 180 people showed up and 7 arrived unannounced to Royal Oaks Ministry Centre in Burnaby BC. It was a very encouraging evening as we were fortunate enough to hear Dr. Gord King and Bob Webber encourage us in the theme of the evening, “The Power of Working Together.” Please pray for the 8 more Celebration Dinners held throughout Western Canada in the coming months.