Periodically we call upon each other to pray for a variety of concerns in our midst. Today is one of those days.
I’d like you to pray for the OEC candidates from last week. There are certain spiritual points of vulnerability often associated with our conversion, baptism and many other events in our lives. One of the points of vulnerability is post-Ordination Examining Council with its post-anxiety and often physical and spiritual exhaustion that accompanies it. Please pray for the people who appear before the council.
TYLER GRAFTAAS, Good Tree Christian Fellowship, Calgary
ALAN YU, Westside Baptist Church, Vancouver
MICHAEL THOM, Willowlake Baptist Church, Winnipeg
LEE BOEHM, Trinity Baptist Church, Vancouver
LYN BEDDOES, Laurier Heights Baptist Church, Edmonton
JOE WELTY, Broadway-First Baptist Church, Winnipeg
SHIGEMI TOMITA, Myanmar Baptist Fellowship, Vancouver
RYAN EMMONS, Argyle Road Baptist Church, Regina
This was a remarkable group of people and a testimony to the faithfulness of God in powerful and exciting ways. My particular thanks goes to Axel Schoeber who mentored them through the process in mini-semester and Dana Cupples who managed the logistics on the other end. I would be remiss not to include our hosts at Leduc Community Baptist Church – particularly Tim Kerber and his administrative associate Leona Berreth.
This is camping season. Many of us have a fervent and deep support for camping as so many of us experienced coming to faith within that context: some, myself included, at Gull Lake.
Preparation for camping has been going on throughout the winter. Here are the names of our camps and their leaders. We will drill down a bit more in another edition of the newsletter to include more leaders than we are mentioned today:
Gull Lake Camp & Retreat Centre: Steve Roadhouse
Mill Creek Baptist Camp: Alyssa Cameron
Keats Camp: Daniel Galpin
ZAO Ministries: Mattias Morrison
The Quest at Christopher Lake Baptist Camp: Sean Cruikshank
Katepwa Lake Kamp: Walter Willford
- Please pray for safety,
- Pray for healthy relationship amongst staff
- That staff and those campers who are Christians would grow in their faith
- That those who have not come to a faith and relationship with the Lord Jesus would experience a new and living relationship with Him this summer.
- That the spirit of service that is exemplified by so many at summer camp might be reframed and continue outside the summer months rooted in church and para-church contexts.
- Finally, that churches might be praying for the camps in their areas and be open and welcoming places for them.
- Remember SERVE in your prayers and pray for Tammy Klassen who is chair of the local arrangements group in Duncan at New Life Church.
- Finally, please pray for those who experience extreme exhaustion at this point in the year, and for some a sense of discouragement. With the new commitments that summer brings (schools out, summer programs are in), there at times appears to be little respite.
Might folk start to embrace the hope that Christ offers and be reminded about the faithfulness of God. Might you experience the love of God as God hears these, our prayers (Psalm 16:1)