I wanted to remind one another of the strong and exciting work that the Children and Families Ministry network is doing. The purpose of this letter is to introduce them to you.
Jennifer Dietrich – Chair
I also want to connect you with their website and resources – buwc.ca – BUWC & Ministries – C-Fam.
And finally, to ask you to pray for their process in finding a part-time Children and Famlies Resource Worker.
Thanks be to God for their wonderful opportunity.
THE CANADIAN BAPTISTS OF WESTERN CANADA
(ALSO KNOWN AS THE BAPTIST UNION OF WESTERN CANADA)
CHILDREN & FAMILY MINISTRIES AREA COORDINATOR
The Canadian Baptists of Western Canada (CBWC) requires a part-time Children and Family Mission Network (CFam) Area Coordinator to provide leadership, support and encouragement to churches in developing initiatives, networks and programs to help children and families grow in the Faith; to develop a life long desire to serve Christ and His church; and to utilize their gifts and talents in Kingdom Growth. The Area Coordinator relates to and works in partnership with the CFam and is accountable in the contractual/employment relationship to the Executive Minister of the CBWC.
Specific Responsibilities of the CFam Area Coordinator include:
- Building a network of support and encouragement in their area (region) by establishing connections and interactions amongst the CFam in CBWC churches.
- Being a catalyst in helping and encouraging current CFam church staff and volunteers to continue to grow in ministry competency and effectiveness and to equip new CFam church staff and volunteers with the knowledge, skills and attributes to advance Children and Family ministries in CBWC churches.
- Communicating with CFam church staff and volunteers by responding to specific inquiries, questions and requests for information about CFam initiatives, programs, curriculum and instruction materials and other CFam resources.
- Promoting and distributing general information to CBWC churches about CFam resources, initiatives, programs and training opportunities including but not limited to additions to resource libraries, curriculum and instruction materials, courses, conferences and workshops (both CBWC and inter-denominational).
- Advancing CFam leadership development through helping and encouraging other CFam leaders, who are gifted in shepherding others, to mentor and teach other church staff and volunteers about key aspects of Children and Family ministries.
- Working with CBWC and the churches to expand and strengthen our CFam.
It is expected that the CFam Area Coordinator will be “rooted” in a local, healthy church that could become a CFam “lab site” for training and resourcing others in the area or from outside the area. Longer term responsibilities may include: 1. Consultation/church visitation with the CFam. 2. Collecting and disseminating of information (website, newsletters, etc.) 3. Providing denominational leadership and liaison with Carey and other CBWC groups on CFam matters.
It is expected that the successful applicant will have a committed personal walk with Christ; possess considerable knowledge and experience in Children and Family ministries; attend and be involved in ministry in a CBWC church; have “a heart and a calling” for children and families; possess good interpersonal and communications skills; and demonstrate a strong work ethic. Some travel is required within the area (region) and may also be required within the general CBWC constituency.
This vacancy will initially be filled through a one year employment contract. The position will involve an average of 10-15 hours of work per week. Salary will to be paid at an hourly rate which will be determined by the CBWC in consideration of the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience and available budget. The person selected for this position should live in a location in Western Canada which has reasonably good and cost effective transportation links to the area and the CBWC constituency.
Qualified applicants should submit a letter of application and detailed resume (including the telephone numbers of at least three references) by October 9, 2007 to:
Church Resourcing and Special Projects Coordinator
600, 1177 – 11 Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1K9
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all applications received will be reviewed and considered in the selection process. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.