On November 23rd, Northmount Baptist Church hosted the beginning of the second year of our Listening and Covenanting Sessions together.
You will recall last year’s questions:
- What has God called you to?
- What resources has He given you?
- What resources do you lack?
- How might we partner together over the next year to see God’s call lived out in your ministry and community?
And this year’s follow-up questions:
- In what ways does your church engage and make a difference in your community?
- In what ways does your church partner to minister with other churches?
- In what way can your church energize or enhance the work of our denomination (our family of churches in Canadian Baptists of Western Canada ) in the next year?
The following churches were present and I ask that you pray for their requests.
Calgary – 7 participating churches, 5 spoken or written commitments
Bonavista Baptist – will seek to continually discern God’s vision for the future and desiring to live in obedience to Him
Northmount Baptist – will seek to continue to support our students in preparation for ministry and to seek God’s purposes for work with the Karen refugees in our midst
First Baptist – will share our learning and knowledge about preparing services of worship so that worship becomes the key ingredient in attracting people to church
GoodTree Christian Fellowship – will maintain and further our relationship with our CBM contacts in Rwanda and will grow and model an intercultural expression of worship
Altadore Baptist – will commit to enhance the work of the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada
Other participating churches – Bowness Baptist, Awaken
Many thanks to Northmount for their hospitality. Thank to John Prociuk, Sam Breakey, Faye Reynolds and Ryan Sato for their facilitation of this time.