We pray regularly, for many things. We don’t often share those concerns together so I write now that we might subsequently marvel at what God is doing and what He will continue to faithfully do. Here are a series of things we are praying for and many people whom we care for.
Please pray for:
- For the Alberta Region as they seek a new Regional Minister
- For Sam and Nancy Breakey as Sam transitions to the Edmonton Mustard Seed
- For Pat Flaten as she leads the planning for Assembly in Banff and for Lisa Gould as she, along with David Holten look to the staffing side.
- For the listening/partnering sessions March 28th in Saskatchewan and for John Prociuk and Ken Thiessen as they lead them.
- For the CBWC Board that meets in two weeks and David Simpson, our President
- For Sam Chaise and the William Carey Institute, for Esther Kitchener, the Administrative Associate there, for Sam and the death of his mother in January and the CBWC Board nominating committee chairs.
- For Executive Staff evaluations during the Spring
- For those beginning new positions; Tom and Harriet Cowan at First, Victoria; Laura Nelson at Olivet in New Westminster; Axel Schoeber and Paddy Ducklow at Carey Centre.
- For the Strategic Planning sessions at the end of this month at Carey
- For the Baptist World Alliance meetings at the end of the month and the day- long meetings of religious liberty around the world.
- For the New Pastor’s Orientation held next week at Carey on Monday and Tuesday.
- For our own spiritual journeys and personal discipline during the approaching season of preparation, for Lent amongst ourselves and our churches
- For Justice, safety and well-being amongst the poor, the unemployed and those in transition during these troubling economic times.