We often begin the fall season reflecting on the months ahead on some of the things we want to pray for. We usually do this in point form. I hope that works. Thank you for your faithfulness in prayer.
- Please pray for those who were leaders at camp this summer. That they might find inspiration and profound encouragement in what God has done this summer. Might they find renewal.
- We pray for both volunteer and paid staff. Those who are summer and full-time year round.
- Thanksgiving for the beginning reports of how camp went so well this summer.
- We give thanks for Jake Kroeker who passed away early this month. Jake was a pastor in Emmanuel: Saskatoon, Emmanuel: Victoria and First: Calgary. He was also the president of the CBWC and will be missed by many. Our prayers go to Jakes family.
- Please pray for those who experienced major transition over the summer as they left us… It’s often easy to say goodbye and forget to pray and support people when they are gone. It’s also easy to be in consistent praying for those who just arrived new. So we give thanks and pray for:
- Brian Stelk and his successor as President of Carey, Colin Godwin.
- David Carlson and Susan Kennedy who has taken over his position as VP of Operations.
- We also give thanks for Danice Carlson for her work with the youth resources team and SERVE. Her successor is yet to be appointed.
- Finally, Shelby Gregg is continuing her travels and I am thankful for the advent of Amber Barker who is in the Vancouver office.
- Another important person of note is Naomi Wakeman, who is studying nursing and has gone to ¼ time.
- Please pray for the Finance Committee meeting on Monday in Calgary with Michael Hayes chairing.
- Please prayer for the Executive Staff team meeting next week, September 24th-27th.
- Please pray for the Board meeting coming up next week and Greg Anderson, our new President.
- For upcoming CBM meetings in mid-October in Ontario.
- Most importantly pray for our financial situation, particularly the Partnership and Possibility evenings where we will be seeking the support of individuals who have been supportive in the past.